Welcome to the Blog for Dr. Ellen Wolk, Gentle Chiropractor!
What a way to combine two of my deepest passions–chiropractic care and writing! I have been practicing GENTLE chiropractic care since 1992. I have been writing and loving it ever since I can remember learning to write! I am REALLY EXCITED to be able to share this blog with you.
Watch out for future posts, which will include latest news, interesting articles and discussions.
Join us for the “Better Health and Healing through Mindfulness Meditation” course with Dr. Ellen Wolk, Chiropractor.
This 4 week course will offer you the opportunity to learn:
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- How to use a Body Scan to release areas of tension in the body
- How to eat mindfully and how to practice other everyday activities with mindfulness
- How to practice sitting and walking meditation
- How to be mindful in as much of your life as possible, so you can enjoy the present moment vs. worrying about the past or the future.
Research has shown some of the benefits of Mindfulness Meditation include:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased anxiety
- Better sleep
- Easier to make progress toward weight loss goals
- Improved ability to manage chronic pain
- Improved attention and focus
Dr. Wolk has practiced and taught meditation for 28 years. She was trained in Dr. Herbert Benson’s work in Mind/Body healing. Dr. Benson is a world renowned Cardiologist and well known author of The Relaxation Response. She also studied Mind/Body Healing at the Mind/Body program through Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Wolk started her own meditation group to help members learn to meditate and support them in their practice.
Join us for 4 sessions in April on Tuesday evenings beginning on April 7th. The other sessions will be April 14th, 21st and 28th. Sessions will begin at 6:45 p.m. and end at 7:45 p.m. Special introductory pricing for the first time I am offering this at my office, of $60 for the 4 sessions.
Interested? Call Dr. Wolk at 617-923-0300 or email her at email@example.com. Class size is limited so contact Dr. Wolk as soon as possible. Classes held at 124 Watertown St., Suite 2F, Watertown, MA.
It’s time to get your mind and body healthier!